How does Birdies for Charity work?
Each participating charity will solicit pledges per “birdie” or flat donations to their organization through the Birdies for Charity program.
These donations will be driven through The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren and then 100% of collected donations will be given to the designated charity.
Birdies for Charity will provide a guaranteed 6% match. The final bonus match will be determined after the conclusion of the tournament in September 2018.
What is a birdie?
A birdie is a score of one stroke under par for any golf hole on the course. The par value of a hole is the predetermined number of strokes an expert golfer should require to complete the hole.
Example: On a par 5 hole, a score of 4 is a birdie
Who is Eligible?
To qualify each charity and school must be a 501(c)(3) in the state of Michigan where the funds raised would benefit those within said state.
No risk or expenses!
Charities receive 100% of all donations collected
All administrative costs will be handled by The Ally Challenge presented by McLaren
Additional funds through the matching program
To participate in the Birdies for Charity program click HERE.
To donate to one of the charities participating in the Birdies for Charity click HERE.
- Adopt-A-Pet, Inc
- Almont High School
- Autism Support and Resource Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Flint & Genesee County
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Flint
- Detroit Public Schools Foundation
- Easterseals Michigan
- Ennis Center for Children, Inc.
- Faith Foundation Resources
- Family Promise of Genesee County
- Flint River Watershed Coalition
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
- Genesee Area Focus Fund
- Junior Achievement of Southeastern Michigan
- Life Remodeled
- Midnight Golf Program
- Old Newsboys of Flint
- Snuggle Sacks
- The First Tee of Eastern Michigan
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of Genesee County
- Valley Area Agency on Aging
- Weiss Child Advocacy Center
- Young Life Genesee County
- Zonta Club of Fenton